Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Covid Respite #20 - San Carlos Cemetery in Gold and Blue

 



A couple of weeks ago for my Covid Respite #20 I revisited San Carlos Cemetery.  My previous visit to the cemetery -- Covid Respite #18 with my UNM Continuing Ed class -- was a mid-afternoon shoot, so not the greatest light for beautiful photos.  (You can read about that shoot by clicking here.) 


This time I went during the period just before and after sunset from 7pm to about 8:30pm -- the "golden" and "blue" hours.  I accompanied Kirk Gulledge, an Albuquerque friend who now lives in Florida and returns for visits occasionally.




Light can dramatically affect the mood or "feel" of an image, so it was interesting to shoot in different light and see the differences from the previous visit in a couple of shots:


 






 




I wasn't trying to shoot these exactly the same way, but composition obviously makes a difference too.


 


 




Here are a few images from the "golden hour" right before sunset:















After sunset, of course, comes the "blue hour," one of my favorite times to photograph anything outdoors.  On this evening we were also fortunate to have an almost-full moon to work with.














If you would like to see these images in a larger format, please visit my photography website, Todos Juntos Photography, by clicking here.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Excellent job showing the power of composition, lighting, and positioning oneself for a great perspective. I'm sure your students learned much from this trip, and the powerful images.

    ReplyDelete